Vessel owners who want to show how they are following best practices that support sustainable tuna fisheries can apply to have their vessels listed in ISSF’s ProActive Vessel Register (PVR).
There is no cost to register on the PVR, although some vessels may have costs associated with audits.
Some vessels may want to apply to be listed on both the PVR and the VOSI (Vessels in Other Sustainability Initiatives) public lists. The PVR application process is separate from the VOSI application process.
Information for Vessel Owners
Vessel owners who want to list vessels on the ProActive Vessel Register must:
- Read the PVR Terms and Conditions, which include sanctions for failing to provide required information
- Use the Vessel Removal Form to request removal of a vessel from the PVR
- Use the Vessel Replacement Form to request replacing a large-scale purse seine vessel listed on the ISSF Record of Large-Scale Purse-Seine Vessels with a new large-scale purse seine vessel
- Understand ISSF procedures for vessel delisting and relisting on the PVR
- Understand the PVR audit process
Delisted & Relisted Vessels
ISSF maintains a list of vessels that have been delisted from or relisted on the PVR.
Owners whose vessels are registered on the PVR are responsible for notifying ISSF of vessel changes .